About the Product
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done every day. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, etc., we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
200+ employees (SF, Austin, Argentine)
- Backend: Python+Django and Golang; Frontend: ReactJS AWS
- Have Unit, integration, and QA testing
About the Role
Your role will provide you end-to-end ownership over design and implementation of the Core services, integrating with our frontend interfaces as well as the performance and scalability of the systems and driving change to push our technology and teams further.
- Collaborate with business teams and provide early input to new product ideas and functionality
- Design, implement, test, and deploy software services with high SLAs and that can handle millions of requests a day
- Drive good scalability and maintainability practices through microservices adoption, decoupling of concerns and data model, queuing of jobs and application layering and container-based software distribution.
- Verify and ensure performance and correctness of systems in response time and throughput.
- Expand and enhance our CI/CD pipeline for smooth and safe production releases via automated testing and verification.
- Design and maintain database schema for large scale and performant services
- Architect systems and refactor existing systems for optimal performance and reuse
- Drive peer reviews and testing and contribute to automated test suites and in design reviews for new features, products, and systems
- Coding experience in server-side programming languages (e.g. Go, Python) as well as database languages (SQL)
- Experience working with server-side MVC frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience integrating with APIs that use REST, gRPC, SOAP and other technologies
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Deep understanding of customer needs and passion for customer success
- Exhibit core behaviors focused on craftsmanship, continuous improvement, and team success
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with automated UI and System testing frameworks and tools such as Selenium, Ghost Inspector, Runscope, Testim, Browserstack etc
- Experience with DevOps tooling such as Docker, Terraform, CircleCI, SumoLogic, PagerDuty etc
- Experience with AWS/Cloud services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, Route 53, Cloud Formation, Cloudflare, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM etc.
- Experience with billing and/or invoice systems (Stripe, Braintree, Zoho, Zuora, Chargebee etc)
Our Hiring Process:
- Step 1: Initial candidate screening call
- Step 2: Interview with member(s) of the Software Engineering Team
- Step 3: Interview with Head of Engineering
- Step 4: Offer extended
- Step 5: On-boarding
- We’re building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
- We welcome and celebrate new ideas and allow you to make an immediate impact on the team.
- Unlimited PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule.
- Opportunity to attend professional development training, certifications, and conferences.
- Private health & dental insurance.
- Remote work;